Bacon Onion Jam!
Bacon Onion Jam!
TIME JAM OUT!
Bacon-Onion Jam is one of the toppings on our #1 selling Good Fat Burger at our farm's Burger Nights. So, we are super excited that you can purchase our Bacon-Onion Jam here and jam out to your hearts content! :)This stuff is versatile. Sure, you only see us using it on our burgers but its potential is limited only by your imagination (no imagination? just grab a spoon and dig in!). For example, you could also put it in your burgers. One customer/friend said she uses it in their breakfast burritos. Bonus: you don't need to fry any bacon so breakfast gets done faster and there's a lot less mess to clean up. Perfect! Another bonus is that you really don't know how much bacon you are eating so you don't have to feel bad or limit yourself. I'm pretty unimpressed with the person that decided 2 strips was the acceptable per-person number. Pfft. To help get those creative juices flowing, we've come up with a few recipes to get you started!
Pork Tenderloin With Bacon-Onion Jam
1 Together Farms Pork Tenderloin
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
sea salt and black pepper
1 8oz container of Together Farm's Bacon-Onion Jam
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat the tenderloin dry and season with garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
- Sear all sides of the tenderloin (you can use our rendered lard!)
- Transfer to oven and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 135°F).
- When done allow the tenderloin to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving with the Bacon-Onion Jam.
Stacked Grilled Cheese with Bacon-Onion Jam
4 slices of thick bread
4 Tbsp butter
1 8 oz container of Together Farm's Bacon-Onion Jam
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Spread butter on one side of 4 slices of bread. Place all in large skillet and cook over medium heat until bottom is light golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the parmesan evenly onto the slices of bread, then flip the bread.
- With the toasted side facing up on two slices of bread put the dijon mustard and on the other two put the Bacon-Onion Jam.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over all of the bread (all 4 slices).
- When the cheddar cheese on the top side of the bread is melted and the parmesan on the bottom is cooked to a nice brown and crisp you can combine those two pieces of bread to complete your first two sandwiches.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for your last two sandwiches.
How do you plan to Jam?
Which way are you going to try using the Bacon-Onion Jam? We would love to see pictures! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram or post in our Facebook Group! We love hearing your feedback and getting fresh ideas from our customers. Oh, and don't worry about sharing the ideas, we have a healthy supply and won't be running out (if we do, it won't be for long)! Jam on!