Beat the Snow with Beef Stew
Cozy up with Nice Warm Bowl of Stew!
The coming winter means staying inside, cozying up and having a warm bowl of soup. Some of you might be feeling the same way, so here are a couple of Stephanie's recipes for Beef Stew.
- 3lbs of Together Farm's Beef Stew Meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups scallions chopped
- 1lb potatoes peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 cup beef broth (gluten free if needed)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with a spinach salad and some crusty bread, mashed potatoes or cauliflower to soak up some of the extra juice.
Spicy Beef Curry Stew
- 1lb Together Farm's Stew Meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can dried tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled, diced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups beef broth (gluten free if needed)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 hours or until beef is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the lid during the last 30 minutes of cooking to thicken or stir 2-3 tsp of cornstarch or arrowroot powder into enough liquid to make a paste and stir into slow cooker sauce
- Cook for 10-15 minutes more or until stew thickens.
- Serve with rolls or naan bread!