- (1 cup) packed brown sugar
- (2 teaspoons) mustard
- (1-2 tablespoons) cider vinegar
- (3-5 lbs) Whole Ham (uncured)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4 inch deep cuts in a diamond pattern.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 130 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, and enough vinegar to make a thick paste.
- Remove ham from oven and spread sugar mixture over ham.
- Bake ham, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140 degrees.