- (1 lb (or sub Hot Italian or Chorizo for spicy)) Italian Sausage (Sugar Free)
- (3 medium, about 1.5 lbs, washed and sliced (no need to peel if organic)) Sweet potatoes or white potatoes
- (1 bunch, washed and chopped) Kale
- (1.5 tsp) Fennel seeds
- (1.5 tsp) Paprika
- (1 tsp (or to taste)) Black pepper
- (1 tsp) Onion powder
- (1 tsp) Garlic powder
- (2, 32 oz containers or 8 cups (can sub Chicken Broth)) Simple Pork Bone Broth, 32 oz
- (1 cup) Heavy cream or coconut milk
Directions to cook now:
- Break apart the sausage and add all ingredients to your slow cooker, except the heavy cream.
- Cook 8 hours on “low” setting or until sausage is cooked through.
- Add heavy cream and stir to heat through or just mash up some of the potatoes to get extra creaminess.
To Freeze and Cook Later:
- To a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag, add all ingredients (except chicken broth and heavy cream/milk). The meat can just be added frozen but then you will have to break it up after it's cooked. You can also pre-cook the meat slightly now so that it's already broken up.
- Double bag with the second gallon sized bag. Write an enjoy by date 6 months from freezing on the bag (they do last a lot longer than that though).
- When ready to eat, thaw (I often do not thaw and it's just fine, although a stir in the middle is usually helpful so it's not a big chunk).
- Dump bag into slow cooker and add chicken broth.
- Cook for 8 hours on “low” setting or until sausage is cooked through.
- Break apart sausage and add heavy cream or coconut milk.
- Stir to heat through.
- Enjoy and feel great!
Tip: if you don't want to write all of this on the bag itself, just print this out and stick between the gallon bags. :)