- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat TF lard over medium heat until very hot.
- Cook oxtails, in batches, until browned, about 5 minutes per batch, using slotted spoon to transfer oxtails to bowl as they are browned.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in pan; cook until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in carrots. Add tomatoes with their juice. Stir in beef stock, ginger, salt, ground red pepper, and allspice; heat to boiling.
- Stir in oxtails.
- Cover and place in oven. Bake at 275 F. until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- With slotted spoon, transfer oxtails to warm platter. Pour juice over meat and serve.