- (1 tablespoon) Pork Fat (Unrendered Lard)
- (3 1/2 pounds) Oxtail
- (1, chopped) onion
- (4, finely chopped) garlic cloves
- (4, peeled and chopped) carrots
- (14-16 ounces, chopped) tomatoes
- (3/4 cup) Beef Bone Broth, 14 oz (pint) (Sugar Free)
- (1 1/2 teaspoons) ground ginger
- (3/4 teaspoon) salt
- (1/4 teaspoon) ground red (cayenne) pepper
- (1/8 teaspoon) ground allspice
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat TF lard over medium heat until very hot.
- Cook oxtails, in batches, until browned, about 5 minutes per batch, using slotted spoon to transfer oxtails to bowl as they are browned.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in pan; cook until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in carrots. Add tomatoes with their juice. Stir in beef stock, ginger, salt, ground red pepper, and allspice; heat to boiling.
- Stir in oxtails.
- Cover and place in oven. Bake at 275 F. until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- With slotted spoon, transfer oxtails to warm platter. Pour juice over meat and serve.