Cubanos Freezer Meal
April 17, 2021 • 0 comments
- (1 roast) Pork Shoulder Roast
- (1 package) Deli-sliced Ham (naturally smoked, cooked, uncured)
- (2 Tbsp) Olive oil
- (2 Tbsp) Lime juice
- (1/4 cup) Orange juice
- (2 tsp) Lime zest
- (3 Tbsp) Orange zest
- (3) Garlic cloves, minced
- (2 tsp) Oregano, dried
- (2 tsp) Cumin
- (2 tsp) Sea salt
- (1 tsp) Black pepper
- (1 cup (can sub Chicken Broth)) Simple Pork Bone Broth, 32 oz
- (1/4 tsp) Red pepper flakes
- (6-8 thick slices) Swiss cheese
- (Enough for spreading on sandwiches) Mustard
- (1 stick, softened) Butter
- (Enough for sandwiches) Pickles
- (4-6) Ciabatta buns
Add all of the ingredients to a freezer bag except the swiss cheese and deli sliced ham. Label the bag with teh cooking instructions below, double bag and freeze. Place the package of deli-sliced ham and swiss cheese between the double bags if you would prefer to have everything on hand for cook day.
Slow cooker instructions:
- Empty thawed contents of the large bag (or fresh ingredients) and optional red pepper flakes into a slow cooker and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or High for 4-5 hours (best if 1/2 to 3/4 full) or until pork shreds easily.
6qt InstaPot instructions:
- Cook thawed ingredients (or fresh) and optional red pepper flakes, for 45 minutes on High, with natural release for at least 10 mins.
- Once cooked, shred and return pork to cooker to keep warm.
- Spread butter on the outside of ciabatta buns, spread mustard on the inside, layer with Swiss cheese, ham, pulled pork, pickles. Grill sandwich in skillet over medium heat for a few minutes on each side, pressing down with a spatula or heavy pan as it cooks, until cheese melted and buns browned. Enjoy hot!