- Ground Beef, 1 lb pkgs
- (4) colorful bell peppers, tips cuts off and seeds removed
- (1) onion, diced
- (1) garlic clove, minced
- (2 1/2 cups or 24 oz) pasta sauce, reserve 2 tbsp
- optional: black beans & corn added to the pepper stuffing mix
- optional: cheese, preferably sharp cheddar or pepper jack
- In a large bowl, mix ground meat, onion, garlic and 2 tbsp pasta sauce.
- Divide mixture into four equal parts and firmly stuff into peppers.
- Place peppers in a slow cooker and cover with extra past sauce.
- Cook on low setting for 4 hours in 6-quart slow cooker or 8 hours in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Optional: Top with cheese during the last 30 minutes or until melted.