Ground Beef, 1 lb pkgs
(4) colorful bell peppers, tips cuts off and seeds removed
(1) onion, diced
(1) garlic clove, minced
(2 1/2 cups or 24 oz) pasta sauce, reserve 2 tbsp
optional: black beans & corn added to the pepper stuffing mix
optional: cheese, preferably sharp cheddar or pepper jack
- In a large bowl, mix ground meat, onion, garlic and 2 tbsp pasta sauce.
- Divide mixture into four equal parts and firmly stuff into peppers.
- Place peppers in a slow cooker and cover with extra past sauce.
- Cook on low setting for 4 hours in 6-quart slow cooker or 8 hours in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Optional: Top with cheese during the last 30 minutes or until melted.