- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line two* baking sheets with parchment paper or tin foil. (Can easily be made in an air fryer and use the convection setting on your oven if it has one.)
- Partially cook the bacon until the fat is rendered but it's still floppy. Save 1/4 cup for the next step.
- Cut the sprouts in half, pull off any loose outer leaves and toss them with the reserved 1/4 cup of bacon fat (if you need more, top it off with olive or grapeseed oil), the maple syrup, salt and bacon.
- Pour everything out onto the baking sheets and keep space between sprouts for air flow*.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and stir - pull out any sprout leaves that are charring or crispy enough. Bake for 2 more minutes and repeat the stir and pulling until everything is at your desired level of doneness. Time required depends on the size of the sprouts, note that maple syrup burns so keep an eye on things.
- Try not to eat all at once.
*Using two pans and making space creates crispier sprouts - if you don't care much about that and are okay with them more mushy-like, you can use 1 pan.