- Pat dry the steaks and season both sides with salt and pepper. Have all other ingredients prepared and set aside a wire cooling rack.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat and allow to heat up for one minute. Make sure your ventilation/exhaust fan is on!
- Add TF Lard and wait until it's shimmering before adding the steak. This is necessary to get a good sear.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then flip over.
- Fry on other side for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the butter on top of the steak and scatter the minced garlic around.
- Cook one more minute until garlic is starting to turn brown on the edges.
- Remove steaks to a cooling rack and cover lightly with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with optional rosemary or thyme, serve and enjoy!