- (1 lb) Ground Pork
- (4) Small zucchinis, ends cut off (you can sub two large zucchini)
- (1/2 cup) Your favorite pasta sauce
- (8 oz or about 2 cups) Mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded, divided
- (15 oz. container) Ricotta cheese or better yet sub with cottage cheese!
- (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- (2 large) Brown Eggs, 1 doz
- (1 tbsp) Dried parsley flakes
- (1 tsp) Sea salt
- (1/2 tsp) Black pepper
- (1) Gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- (1) Quart-sized plastic freezer bag
1. Thaw both bags overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Dump gallon-sized bag into slow cooker and add lid. Leave baggie with cheese in refrigerator.
3. Cook 6-8 hours in slow cooker on “low” setting.
4. Add shredded cheese and cook additional 15 minutes or until melted.
To Freeze and Cook Later:
1. Add half of mozzarella cheese to quart-sized bag, seal, and set aside.
2. Label your gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (which will be three months from the prep date).
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining half of mozzarella cheese and all of ricotta or cottage cheese, parmesan, eggs, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Add ingredients to gallon-sized freezer bag in this order: a. sliced zucchini b. cheese mixture c. pasta sauce and meat.
5. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Double bag the gallon bag.
6. Place the small bag of mozzarella between the two gallon bags and freeze for up to three months (though we have used older ones just fine).
Serve with a big piece of crusty bread. Delicious!