Deliciously Bold Eye of Round Roast
March 4, 2023 • 0 comments
An easy red wine marinade makes a deliciously bold eye of round roast that's tender and juicy. A great budget-friendly meal for any occasion.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (2 to 2 1/2 lbs) Eye of Round Roast
- (2 Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (2 Tbsp) Red Wine Vinegar
- (2 Tbsp) Italian Seasoning
- (2 tsp) Kosher salt
- (2 tsp) Black Pepper
- (2 Tbsp) Dijon Mustard
- (1 Tbsp) Honey
- In a small mixing bowl combine Worcestershire, Dijon, vinegar, honey, Italian seasoning, 1-teaspoon salt and 1-teaspoon pepper to create a marinade. Place roast in zipper-locking plastic bag and pour marinade over beef. Close bag, removing excess air and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Remove roast from marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade and season with an additional 1-teaspoon salt and 1-teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325°F. Cook approximately 70 minutes, until roast reaches medium rare (125-130°F).
- Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving thinly against the grain.